I wasn’t expecting to feel as good as I do just one week after giving birth. Of course, I’m still moving pretty slowly and feeling sore at times, but it is much better than I expected. Here are some things I’m already enjoying about my newly non-pregnant body:
- I’m about 20 pounds lighter that I was a week ago.
- I can touch my toes.
- I can give Jon a real hug again, now that my basketball-belly has shrunk to softball-size.
- I love my eight-times-daily oxytocin rushes.
- The bruises on my face from pushing are totally gone, as is the slight bit of facial swelling from late-pregnancy water-retention.
- I can comfortably lie on my back.
- We actually got about six hours of sleep last night, which felt amazing.
So, I’m feeling pretty good! Not to mention the fact that we have a totally adorable daughter to stare at constantly!