Lucy has succeeded in convincing us that she is the cutest baby ever. I always thought that people with newborns couldn’t get anything done because of time-consuming diaper changes and baby care and sleep deprivation. But the truth is, we just want to spend all of our time looking at her. Here are some of my favorite antics of hers:
- chewing on her blanket “collar” when she is swaddled
- snorting and rooting around like a piglet when she is burped in mid-feeding
- gazing wide-eyed at our venetian blinds or at the high-contrast art on our wall (“Noguchi’s Garden,” created by Cam Anderson; see photo)
- banging her head against my chest during a post-nursing snuggle
- just sitting there with her rock-star hairdo
- giving little practice “smiles” in her sleep (Jon and I get so tickled when we see these)
- slurping on her hands when she accidentally finds one of them near her mouth
- relaxing peacefully when we shampoo her hair (I can’t wait until we can get pedicures together! she’s going to love it)
Of course, we have trying moments too, like when she is crying and we have no idea why. But even then, we can’t resist her. When she isn’t in full-blown cry mode, she cries with little falsetto squeaks mixed in. She is so funny!
And does anyone else think their baby smells like crÃ¨me brulÃ©e after she is done nursing?