Sat, Jul 30, 2011
Flashback: two years ago this summer
Some things fall between the cracks here at our house — like this post, which has been lost for two years.
There was a time when I was keeping a list of little tidbits of the girls’ habits. I just discovered this half-written post dating from August to September 2009, including lots of things I’d forgotten about.
Photo: July 20, 2009, visiting Papa at work during his first summer at North Park University.
(Wouldn’t it be fun if I did that again? Wouldn’t it be fun to have “naptime” again so I could get back into my blogging groove? Must find a new way! Interestingly, I was already complaining about this even back then!)
So here’s a little snapshot of Lucy and Rosie, ages three and one, back in the late summer of 2009. Enjoy!
Things Rosie does
Photo: August 15, 2009
- Rosie says “up” and “down.”
- Rosie learned to climb up and down the highchair independently. This means we need to sell the highchair now. (Note from 2011: We did sell our highchair in September 2009.)
- We’ve been “fish-sitting” for a friend, and you wouldn’t believe all the stuff Rosie keeps trying to put into the fishbowl.
- Rosie gives lots of kisses. (Note from 2011: I’m glad to say that continues to be the case!)
- Rosie says “more” (moy) and “no” (nay).
- Rosie likes to pretend to be a monkey. (“Ooo oo oo ah ah ah!”)
Things Lucy does
Photo: August 23, 2009
- Lucy falls out of bed.
- Lucy wears a “booster seat backpack.” (This involves sitting in her booster seat on the floor, getting strapped in, and walking around with the seat attached to her bottom.)
- Lucy now can accurately pronounce the words “hospital” and “Popocatepetl.” She also has been singing the Winnie the Pooh song correctly, saying “Winnie the Pooh” instead of “Winnie a Pooh”.
- Lucy talks about the “lifegardens” at the beach who blow their whistles.
- Lucy likes to have a big bowl of porridge (this what she imagines while she eats cold cereal in the morning).
- Lucy calls the space between the car seats the law.
- At the lake house, Lucy falls into the toilet. It was bound to happen sometime!
- Lucy is a baby piglet, and she asks me to make her some slops to eat.
- Lucy is growing a baby puppy in her belly, and she is going to give birth to it and rock it to sleep.
Things the girls do together
Photo: September 19, 2009
- The girls keep putting things in their shirts, since I’m always putting my phone in my bra. (Note from 2011: I’m glad to say I have given up this habit.)
- Lucy and Rosie helped unwrap Hershey’s kisses for cookies, both girls helping for the first time. (There was also a lot of eating.)
- The girls learn that a crow says, “Caw! Caw!”
Well, that’s our little time capsule from two years ago. What were you doing in August and September of 2009?
This post was last modified July 30, 2011 at 9:09 am