Some things fall between the cracks here at our house — like this post, which has been lost for two years.
There was a time when I was keeping a list of little tidbits of the girls’ habits. I just discovered this half-written post dating from August to September 2009, including lots of things I’d forgotten about.
Photo: July 20, 2009, visiting Papa at work during his first summer at North Park University.
(Wouldn’t it be fun if I did that again? Wouldn’t it be fun to have “naptime” again so I could get back into my blogging groove? Must find a new way! Interestingly, I was already complaining about this even back then!)
So here’s a little snapshot of Lucy and Rosie, ages three and one, back in the late summer of 2009. Enjoy!
Things Rosie does
Photo: August 15, 2009
- Rosie says “up” and “down.”
- Rosie learned to climb up and down the highchair independently. This means we need to sell the highchair now. (Note from 2011: We did sell our highchair in September 2009.)
- We’ve been “fish-sitting” for a friend, and you wouldn’t believe all the stuff Rosie keeps trying to put into the fishbowl.
- Rosie gives lots of kisses. (Note from 2011: I’m glad to say that continues to be the case!)
- Rosie says “more” (moy) and “no” (nay).
- Rosie likes to pretend to be a monkey. (“Ooo oo oo ah ah ah!”)
Things Lucy does
Photo: August 23, 2009
- Lucy falls out of bed.
- Lucy wears a “booster seat backpack.” (This involves sitting in her booster seat on the floor, getting strapped in, and walking around with the seat attached to her bottom.)
- Lucy now can accurately pronounce the words “hospital” and “Popocatepetl.” She also has been singing the Winnie the Pooh song correctly, saying “Winnie the Pooh” instead of “Winnie a Pooh”.
- Lucy talks about the “lifegardens” at the beach who blow their whistles.
- Lucy likes to have a big bowl of porridge (this what she imagines while she eats cold cereal in the morning).
- Lucy calls the space between the car seats the law.
- At the lake house, Lucy falls into the toilet. It was bound to happen sometime!
- Lucy is a baby piglet, and she asks me to make her some slops to eat.
- Lucy is growing a baby puppy in her belly, and she is going to give birth to it and rock it to sleep.
Things the girls do together
Photo: September 19, 2009
- The girls keep putting things in their shirts, since I’m always putting my phone in my bra. (Note from 2011: I’m glad to say I have given up this habit.)
- Lucy and Rosie helped unwrap Hershey’s kisses for cookies, both girls helping for the first time. (There was also a lot of eating.)
- The girls learn that a crow says, “Caw! Caw!”
Well, that’s our little time capsule from two years ago. What were you doing in August and September of 2009?